Call a Hunter Law car accident attorney today. We offer free consultations to auto accident victims in the Saint Petersburg, 33743 area. Call: +1(813)-499-1066
At Hunter Law we represent auto accident victims who may have been injured as a result of a crash. We have recovered millions for our clients and have proudly served the Saint Petersburg area and surrounding areas for decades. This page is designed to give you information about what to do first if you have been involved in a collision, how to get an attorney involved, and whether or not a lawsuit is possible.
Act Quickly – What to do first in Saint Petersburg, FL 33743 if you’ve been involved in a car accident
It’s important to contact a car accident lawyer quickly after a collision. After you’re safe, have exchanged insurance information, have reported the crash to your insurance, and have been cleared by a medical professional, you can potentially help your personal injury case by considering the following:
4 things to do if you are at the site of an auto collision.
- Allow emergency responders to inspect you if you are injured in any way, before attempting to leave your vehicle. Call emergency response yourself if you are unsure if the accident has been reported.
- Collect as much information as possible from the crash site. Make sure you get insurance information from the other driver, and their license plate number just in case. Take photos of the crash with your mobile phone from as many angles as you can.
- Contact your automobile insurer when you are done inspecting the crash site. Do not admit fault when speaking to your insurer, even if you suspect you may be responsible for the accident. The other driver may also have been violating the law.
- Schedule a complete medical examination. Not all injuries are apparent at the time of the accident. This is particularly true of injuries that involve the head, neck, and spine.
3 things to do if you were taken directly to the hospital after a car accident.
- Request a complete examination, including scans. Notify your doctor that you have just been involved in an automobile accident, and ask them to recommend any tests that you should have. Ask for records of all tests that are done, and make copies that you can leave with your car accident lawyer.
- Report your accident to your insurance company if you were not able to do so at the site of the collision. Do not admit fault. If you do not remember the crash, do not attempt to guess at details. Don’t provide any details if you are uncertain of their accuracy.
- Contact a friend or professional who can take photos of the crash scene while it’s still fresh. Request copies of the police reports, if that is your only option for investigation
Rear-impact, front-impact, and side-impact collisions are all common types of car accidents in the Saint Petersburg, 33743 area. Accidents such as these can cause a number of lasting injuries. Read more about these collisions and person injuries here.
Experienced Auto Accident Attorneys serving Saint Petersburg, FL 33743
Automobile accidents can change lives quickly and drastically. It’s vital you have an experienced legal team that knows how to navigate Florida laws. Hunter Law’s personal injury attorneys have recovered millions for victims of car crashes, and we’re professionally recognized by Avvo (with a 10/10 rating), SuperLawyers, and Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite. You might be thinking, “is there an auto accident attorney near me?” Saint Petersburg is a short drive from our Tampa offices, and on top of that: we’re a phone call away any time you need us.
Hunter Law’s car accident lawyers will help you determine whether you have a viable case related to your automobile accident and advocate for compensation for long-term damage, medical care, and pain and suffering.
Permanent injuries, significant disfigurement or scarring, and enduring loss of important bodily functions all qualify as cause for legal action in the event of an automobile accident. Family members can also sue on a victim’s behalf in cases of death.
Compensation can also include economic damages, such as reduced future income, loss of appraised value to real property, and construction repairs.
Is a lawsuit possible if I was injured in or near the Saint Petersburg, Florida 33743 area?
Florida is a “no-fault” state when it comes to automobile accidents, which means that an individual’s own insurance covers injuries and damages in the event of an accident. However, if injuries or damages are serious, Florida allows victims to sue for appropriate compensation.
Personal injury suits can only be filed under certain conditions. In Florida, you must be covered by PIP to drive legally. Those benefits will cover a portion of any losses from the car accident, including damage to the vehicle and medical injuries. Suing is an option after PIP benefits have been exhausted, and if the crash resulted in a permanent injury.
Other factors may determine whether you have standing to sue. If you want the most accurate answer, you’ll need to speak to a Hunter Law personal injury lawyer, and provide all the details that are requested. Our lawyers can tell you if you have a case and what your case may be worth based on the injuries or expenses involved.
Don’t be concerned if you think you don’t have the funds for a lawyer. All of our car accident consultations are completely free of charge.